How is QVC dealing with COVID-19?
The safety and wellbeing of our team members is our number one priority. We have completed a risk assessment of our operations, including distribution and call centres, office environments and our outlet stores.
As a result of our risk assessment, we have implemented a range of controls to manage COVID-19 risks. The most significant of these are:
- All staff are working from home unless their jobs absolutely cannot be done from home. The reduction in team members attending the site supports the social distancing measures we have put in place for them.
- Hygiene stations with anti-bacterial gel are positioned across all locations, for use by all team members on site.
- Posters, leaflets and other materials are positioned across all sites and on team member’s PC home screens with reminders to ensure social distancing and hygiene standards.
- We have instituted enhanced cleaning, sanitising and hygiene procedures across our sites.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure team members maintain a 2m social distance in the workplace, including new seating plans in offices and breakout rooms, and the reconfiguration of processing stations in our distribution centre. We have also implemented "one way" traffic systems in areas where this is useful and practicable.
- The use of masks is mandatory for two person activities where social distancing is particularly difficult to achieve, i.e. certain warehousing, backstage, technology and engineering tasks.
- Visitors to our sites have a compulsory temperature check before entry.
- We have instituted appropriate protocols, in line with Government guidance, to deal with confirmed cases of COVID-19, including enhanced sanitisation of affected areas and notification to team members who had contact with the affected person.
We continually monitor the effectiveness of our controls and of the underlying risks, and we make appropriate adjustments where necessary.